50. Warm-Up – This is critical to your success. Regardless of the activity, you need a warm-up routine. The routine should last anywhere from 10-15 minutes.
51. Cool Down – Just as important as the warm-up, the cool-down should take 5-10 minutes.
52. Stretching – Over the years the debate has been going back-in-forth about stretching, does it decrease injury? Should I or shouldn’t I Stretch? In my option, yes you should. However, don’t look at it as injury prevention but a range of motion issue. I suggest stretching your tight areas after your warm-up. This should include some dynamic stretching.
53. Light stretch before bedtime – While watching your favorite show, sit on the floor and stretch those areas that seem to give you some problems.
54. Foam Role – In addition to a light stretch before bed, do some foam rolling. Work on those same trouble areas and the area up the kinetic chain.